Welcome to our brand new “Shoe & Tell” blog.
Here you will find information about the brands we stock, why we stock them and what we believe is special about them.
Our very first superstar brand is Plae.
We stumbled across Plae while on holiday in New York (there’s always time for a bit of comparative shopping) and thought they would be a great fit for our brand mix. When we got back to London we couldn’t find a UK agent so contacted Ryan Ringholz, the founder and chief designer, who asked us if we knew anyone who could help us get these shoes to the UK market. To cut a long story short we hooked them up with our lovely friends at Crafty Mothers and the rest is history!
We are passionate about functionality and keeping those little feet healthy but we also look for the best quality products with a funky, fun, quirky twist to their style, Plae provides this and so much more.
Here are a few things we love about Plae.
- The Plae philosophy that play is fundamental, a hard-wired universal concept that cuts across cultures, politics, racial barriers and gender and is the start of their design process, every time.
- PLAE use biometric science usually reserved for elite athletes to create a range of shoes that are focused on helping little feet grow healthily. Children’s feet are soft and mainly formed of cartilage until adulthood. Co-designed with an orthopedic surgeon, Plae is dedicated to creating footwear that finds the balance between style and function.
- They are eco-minded shoes made with recycled materials in a solar-powered factory (vegan options are available)
- Their array of one of a kind interchangeable velcro tabs in 4 sizes to accommodate wider or narrower feet, designed in a variety of colors, patterns, and textures.
- They have a range of shoes that support healthy foot growth with options for children who wear orthotics and fitted afo braces.
- Their attention to detail includes clever heel tabs that make it easier for small hands and fingers to pull their shoes on.
- A generous toe guard protecting the foot and shoe from toe drag, virtually seam free inner sock for highly touch sensitive kids and a wide toe box for easy fitting.
With all these cool features it’s not hard to see why we love them so much.
They are so easy to fit, as you can adjust the width with their different size tabs, making our job as professional shoe fitters a lot easier. Their soles are flexible and grippy making this barefoot brand a very healthy choice for the development of your little ones’ feet and awesome to run, climb, dance, hop and skip…… Our little customers tell us how comfortable they are (they’re even good at walking up slides apparently) and the grown ups love how easy and quick they are to get on in the morning.
If you haven’t had the chance to try them out, come in store and see the amazing collection or click here to see it online
You are sure to love them as much as we do!
We only wish their size range was bigger… oh wait… could our wish actually come true??
Watch this space!